2017 Chevy Volt
1000 MILES BETWEEN FILL-UPS? WITH REGULAR CHARGING, THAT’S WHAT’S EXPECTED WITH THE 2017 CHEVROLET VOLT
The 2017 Chevrolet Volt’s advanced powertrain pairs two electric motors up with a 1.5L direct injection gas motor for a baseline range of 420 miles, however it’s expected, under normal day to day driving conditions, this midsize sedan will be able to go up to 1,000 miles between gas fill-ups with regular nightly recharging. Given that the 2017 Volt also has a 53 mile range when operating on pure electric power and that its starting MSRP, with tax credits included, is only $25,720, the lifetime savings it offers are obvious. Budget-friendly operation is only where the amazing features that make the new Chevy Volt a great car begin and it’s sure to energize drivers who visit Ray Chevrolet.
NEW 2017 CHEVROLET VOLT FEATURES:
• An advanced, award-winning Voltec powertrain that pairs two permanent magnet electric motors that have a combined 149 hp and 294 lb-ft of torque rating with a 1.5L gas I4 that serves as a range extender engine
• Enhanced electrical range due to a redesigned 18.4 kWh lithium ion battery pack that stores 20 percent more electrical energy than its predecessor, with a maximum estimated combined range of 420 miles on one charge and tank, 1,000 miles on one tank and daily charging, and 53 miles when drawing on electrical power alone
• Budget and environment-friendly fuel economies of 102 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) under electrical power and an estimated 41 MPG when running on the 1.5L gas engine
• A Regen on Demand™ regenerative braking system that recycles the energy used during stops back into the powertrain, further increasing the 2017 Volt’s range
• The ability to fully recharge in 13 hours using a standard 120-volt cord or, with the available 240-volt charging system, 4.5 hours, plus a GPS-directed ‘Home’ recharging setting that draws more electricity during non-peak hours
• Security that’s delivered by a standard high-strength steel frame, ten air bags, and available features like Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Forward Safety Awareness
• Complete mobile connectivity due to Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, Chevrolet MyLink, and a built-in 4G LTE WiFi® hotspot that, once activated, provides internet connection for multiple devices, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops
THE ELECTRIC CAR WITH AN ONBOARD GAS POWER GENERATOR FOR EXTENDED RANGE
While the powertrain on the 2017 Chevrolet Volt features two electric motors and one gas-powered engine, it’s easier to think of it as an electric system that has a gas auxiliary power generator than a normal gas-electric hybrid. This is because the 2017 Volt normally operates on electric power and shifts to gas power when its batteries are depleted. When drawing solely from an improved 18.4 kWh lithium ion battery pack, which is 31 pounds lighter than its predecessor, the Chevy Volt is capable of an all-electric range of 53 miles, with a remarkable 102 MPGe fuel economy. When working from one tank of gas and off of one charge, the 2017 Volt can reach 420 miles, as its gas engine will recharge the battery when necessary. Since it combines electric and gas technology, the Volt can also be easily gassed up and recharged on the go during long road trips, which means it isn’t limited to a set operating radius. Likewise, given that most driving involves daily commutes between home and work, the 2017 Chevrolet Volt is projected to go up to 1,000 miles between visits to the gas station assuming that the owner plugs it back in every night.
USING THE 2017 CHEVROLET VOLT’S AWARD-WINNING VOLTEC POWERTRAIN IS AS SIMPLE AS RECHARGING A PHONE
Though the 2017 Chevrolet Volt’s Voltec powertrain may, admittedly, seem a bit confusing at first, drivers find it to be quite intuitive in actual practice. The Volt was also meant to be a driver-friendly car, which is why it’s equipped with software that makes tracking and maximizing energy use simple and hassle-free. It even comes with a standard 120-volt power cord that can be used at any home, though an available 240-volt recharging system enables a full battery recharge in as little as 4.5 hours. Given the fact that the 2017 Volt attains a 102 MPGe (miles per gallon equivalent) when in pure electrical operation, driving it is also easy on the pocketbook, especially since visits to the gas station are rare outside of long trips. Individuals who are still unsure of how the Chevy Volt works, however, are invited to visit Ray Chevrolet, which is the official Fox Lake Chevrolet dealership, at 39 N. Route 12, for a demonstration and walkthrough of this exciting sedan’s systems.
THE 2017 CHEVROLET VOLT OFFERS TEEN DRIVER, A BULT-IN TECHNOLOGY SUITE THAT CAN HELP ANY STUDENT BECOME A RESPONSIBLE MOTORIST
The obvious selling point of the 2017 Chevrolet Volt is its impressive range and 102 MPGe fuel economy when on pure electric power. It has become the star of every Chevrolet dealership for additional reasons, such as attractive new body styling, plus a complete technology suite that includes Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, Teen Driver, and built-in 4G LTE WiFi® hotspot capability, define the 2017 Volt as one of the most modern cars on the road. The Teen Driver system, in particular, is already making waves in the industry because it allows parents to not only monitor how the Volt was driven by the young motorist in their family, but also provides constructive feedback to those drivers.
FOR THE CHEVROLET DEALERSHIP WITH THE BEST DEALS ON THE 2017 CHEVROLET VOLT, VISIT RAY CHEVROLET
A government tax credit means that savings of up to $7,500 on the 2017 Chevrolet Volt are available at every Chevrolet dealership, however Ray Chevrolet is the Fox Lake Chevrolet dealership that is willing to go even further to get drivers into this advanced new sedan. Call Ray’s sales professionals at (847) 587-3300 or stop by 39 N. Route 12 to learn more about the 2017 Volt’s technology as well how it can lighten the load on any budget.