2017 Corvette Grand Sport
A LEGENDARY RACER, REBORN FOR A NEW GENERATION: INTRODUCING THE 2017 CHEVROLET CORVETTE GRAND SPORT!
The original Corvette Grand Sport was set to take the auto racing world by storm when it premiered in 1963, however GM ended production after only 5 prototypes were made. These models became legends that were highly sought after by collectors and, in 1996 and 2010, highly competitive, limited production revivals of the nameplate were created. Now the next generation gets to feel the thrill of an icon, as the all-new 2017 Corvette Grand Sport will soon is available through Ray Chevrolet in Fox Lake!
NEW 2017 CHEVROLET GRAND SPORT FEATURES:
- Thrilling performance: The ability to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds, with an estimated top speed of 195 mph!
- A robust 6.2L LT1 V8 that cranks out 460 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque, with a dry-sump oil system that ensures oil flows smoothly during high-G cornering
- The choice of a 7-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching or a 8-speed automatic paddle-shift transmission with a manual mode for track driving
- High performance braking due to standard Brembo® 6”/14.4” two-piece steel rotors, with 15.5”/15.3” Brembo® ceramic brakes that are a designed to dissipate heat even under extreme competitive racetrack conditions available with the Z07 Performance Package
- A suspension that’s based on advanced Magnetic Ride technology which uses monotube dampers filled with magnetic fluids to adapt 1,000 times a second for a smooth ride that doesn’t sacrifice handling
- Aerodynamic body styling that incorporates a massive hood vent for optimized engine cooling and front downforce, with multiple brake-cooling intakes and ducts for superior brake cooling even under track conditions
- Detailed appearance styling that alludes to the famous 1963, 1996, and 2010 Corvette Grand Sports, with a limited edition Collector’s Edition that features an all-new Watkins Glen Gray body color and Tension Blue fender stripes arriving in mid-model year 2017
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A LIGHTWEIGHT BODY AND SPORT-TUNED CHASSIS IS PAIRED WITH A MONSTER ENGINE? THE ANSWER IS SIMPLY AWESOME
Like its rare and iconic predecessors, the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport for sale at Ray Chevrolet in Fox Lake achieves professional racing-level performance because it pairs a lightweight body and responsive chassis with an exceptional engine, giving it a high power-to-weight ratio. In the case of the 2017 Grand Sport, power is provided by a 6.2L LT1 V8 engine that is actually a legend in its own right among motorsports enthusiasts. Able to turn out 460 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 465 lb-ft of torque at 4600 rpm, the monster LT1 can propel the Grand Sport from 0 to 60 MPH in just under 3.6 seconds, with an estimated top speed of 195 MPH.
A true sports car isn’t just built around power, however, as it has to be able to take sharp turns and run at full output for hours. That’s why the 2017 Corvette Grand Sport for sale at Ray Chevrolet in Fox Lake features a dry-sump oil system that ensures uninterrupted oil flow during tight maneuvers and standard Brembo® brakes. Even more extreme Brembo® ceramic brakes that can handle the high heat generated by hours of track use are offered with the Z07 Performance Package, while all 2017 Grand Sports feature a massive hood vent that simultaneously sloughs excess heat away from the engine and creates forward downforce, which improves handling.
THE DISTINCTIVE STYLING OF A RACER THAT BELONGS UNDER THE CHECKERED FLAG
While the body sculpting on the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport is designed to maximize aerodynamic efficiency, its paint and detailing scheme alludes to the previous iterations of this famed nameplate. A Sport Heritage Package even includes racing stripes, hash mark fender graphics in six colors, and interior touches like a brushed aluminum trim. An ultra-limited Grand Sport Collector Edition is even painted in Watkins Glen Gray with Tension Blue fender stripes and a full-length Satin Black racing stripe, which makes it look like it could drive straight to a GT-class professional race.
THE INCREDIBLE 2017 CORVETTE GRAND SPORT IS AVAILABLE THROUGH RAY CHEVROLET!
For a Fox Lake Chevy dealer with access to the prestigious 2017 Corvette Grand Sport, there’s only one place a collector needs to go: Ray Chevrolet. Located at 39 N. Route 12, Ray Chevrolet even offers the Grand Sport and other performance Chevrolet vehicles, such as the Corvette Stingray and Camaro ZL1, with accessible financing. The Corvette Grand Sport will not be produced in large numbers, however, so drivers should make their inquiries today!