2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
IT’S BUILT TO ALWAYS TAKE POLE: THE 2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 COMING TO RAY CHEVROLET IS THE MOST POWERFUL CAMARO EVER!
The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro has already won rave reviews and prestigious awards due to its redesigned body architecture, powertrain choices, and advanced new suspension, however the boldest and baddest version of this auto legend is just about to pull onto the track: The 2017 Camaro ZL1! Powered by a supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 that rips out 640 horsepower and 640 lb-ft of torque, the latest incarnation of one of America’s most iconic professional and street racers is set to be the most powerful Camaro of all time, and it’s coming to Ray Chevrolet!
NEW 2017 CHEVROLET CAMARO ZL1 FEATURES:
- Checkered flag-winning power that’s churned out by a 640 hp, 640 lb-ft of torque, supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 that is the most robust engine ever featured in the production Camaro line
- A 6-speed manual transmission with active rev-matching, with a 10-speed automatic transmission that features a 7.39 overall ratio spread available
- True track-ready handling and the option for smooth casual riding due to a performance-tuned suspension system that includes Magnetic Ride technology, with large Brembo® 6-piston brakes up front and 4-piston brakes in the rear
- Across the board performance-enhancing features, including 11 heat exchangers that help cool the powertrain, a functional carbon-fiber composite hood air extractor, and wider wheels, that make the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 the ultimate muscle car
- Interior comfort that’s highlighted by standard RECARO® performance seats that feature suede inserts, with a suede-covered steering wheel and shift knob also standard
- An innovative, available Chevrolet Performance Data Recorder that can not only log video and real-time performance data, but that also documents how the Camaro ZL1 was driven when in other hands
- A fully automatic convertible soft top option that allows push-button operation up to 30 MPH.
THE ULTIMATE ENGINE FOR THE ULTIMATE CAMARO
The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 will be the most powerful production Camaro to ever roll out of a Chevrolet dealership. Propelled by a supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 that, while descended from the legendary ‘Big Block’ V8s of the 60s and 70s, has been tuned and enhanced through the aid of modern materials engineering and computer modeling, the new Camaro ZL1 is expected to easily smash the standards set by its predecessors. This is because, while it is still being track tested, the ZL1’s 640 hp outmatches the 455 hp put out by the 2016 Camaro SS. Given that the Camaro SS can leap from 0 to 60 MPH in 3.9 seconds, which is already impressive, the thought of what the Camaro ZL1 will be able to do is almost terrifying.
FOR A TRUE RACE CAR, SPEED IS JUST WHERE PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL PERFORMANCE BEGINS, AS HANDLING DEFINES WINNERS
The supercharged 6.2L LT4 V8 in the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 is certainly a monster, but it takes more than brute power to turn a muscle car into a vehicle that can master a winding track for hours on end. While all sixth-generation Camaros feature new, lightweight body architecture that significantly reduces weight while enhancing rigidity during turns, the 2017 Camaro ZL1 was outfitted with equipment that moves it even further from the stock muscle car category to the more elusive status of a race-ready sports car. 11 heat exchangers were added to the powertrain, which aides in cooling and allows for extended high performance operation, while the hood was outfitted with a functional carbon-fiber composite air extractor that both shunts excess heat away from the engine compartment and reduces forward lift. The fascia on the Camaro ZL1 that’s coming to Ray Chevrolet was even given large outboard cooling ducts that direct air to high performance Brembo® brakes, while a Magnetic Ride Suspension that continuously adjusts to match either track or road was added to perfect handling. All in all, the result is an impressive vehicle that will be unlike any muscle car to ever grace, and race from, a Chevrolet dealership.
THE FIRST FOX LAKE CHEVROLET DEALERSHIP TO GET THE ZL1 IS RAY CHEVROLET
The proposition is simple: People who really love performance, who really love both muscle cars and sports cars, who love the sound and smell of high performance engines… must… come in to Ray Chevrolet. This is because Ray Chevrolet is not only a Fox Lake Chevrolet dealership that will offer the 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1, but that also has expert service technicians who are adept at providing regular maintenance on rare, high-performance cars. Call Ray Chevrolet at (866) 289-6476 to learn more about the 2017 Camaro ZL1’s availability or, to test drive the already impressive 2016 Camaros, drop by 39 N. Route 12 in Fox Lake.