2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD
INTRODUCING THE 2017 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 HD: WITH UP TO 23,300 LBS OF TOWING, IT CAN TAKE ON ALMOST ANY JOB
Heralded as both the ‘Highest-Ranked Large Heavy-Duty Pickup in Initial Quality’ and the ‘Most Dependable Large Heavy-Duty Pickup, Two Years in a Row’ by J.D. Power and Associates, the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD for sale in Fox Lake, IL is now offered with both a standard Vortec™ 6.0L gas V8 and a revamped and upgraded 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8. What is the end result? It’s a mighty work behemoth that can tow up to 23,300 lbs. and carry a payload of 7,153 lbs. Given a starting price of only $34,410, the new 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD is even an economical addition to any commercial fleet or working family’s driveway.
NEW 2017 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 3500 HD FEATURES
- Two impressive engine choices: A standard 6.0L Vortec™ VVT, SFI gas V8 that belts out 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque, with an upgraded 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel V8 that produces a class-leading 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque available
- Heavy-duty transmissions to match each available engine: A 6-speed electronically controlled automatic that features a cruise control that maintains a set speed over mountainous terrain on models with the Vortec® V8, with an electronically-controlled Allison® 1000 6-speed automatic transmission on Duramax® Turbo-Diesel-powered Silverado 3500 HDs
- Maximum towing of up to 14,600 lbs. when equipped with the 6.0L Vortec® V8, with the 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 able to tow up to an incredible 23,300 lbs.
- The ability to carry a maximum payload of 7,153 lbs. when equipped with the Vortec™ V8 and 5,518 lbs. with the Duramax® Turbo-Diesel due to fully boxed frame rails made of high-strength steel, with nine cross-members for lateral support, and heavy duty axles
- A choice of Regular Cab/Long Box, Regular Cab/Long Box/Dual Rear Wheel, Double Cab/Long Box, Double Cab/Long Box/Dual Rear Wheel, Crew Cab/Standard Box, Crew Cab/Long Box or Crew Cab/Long Box/Dual Rear Wheel configurations, with both 4x2 and 4x4 drivetrains available
- Built-in 4G LTE® Wi-Fi® hotspot capability that, once activated as part of the OnStar® suite, enables every 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD passenger to access the Internet through their own compatible devices
- An available Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8-inch diagonal touchscreen and navigation, with a Bose® sound system also available
ON THE 2017 SILVERADO 3500 HD, HEAVY-DUTY ENGINEERING AND HEAVY-DUTY ENGINES ADD UP TO HEAVY-DUTY WORK
The raw capability of the 2017 Chevrolet 3500 HD begins with its construction, as a fully-boxed frame that’s made of high-strength steel - with nine cross-members and a hydro formed front section - and available dual rear wheel configurations ensure that it can provide support for even extreme weights when being put through the paces. The heart of every 2017 Silverado 3500 HD for sale at Ray Chevrolet in Fox Lake, IL is its engine, however. The standard 6.0L Vortec™ V8 reaches a peak 360 hp at 5400 rpm, while its torque only maxes out with 380 lb-ft at 4200 rpm. This means the Vortec™ V8 is able to build power at a low rpm for the flatter torque curve that’s preferred for towing large trailers. The revised 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 that’s now available with the Silverado 3500 HD takes this towing power even further, as a 19 percent increase in torque over previous models has been achieved by strengthening and stiffening the cylinder heads, modifying the piston design, and upgrading the connecting rod journals and drain crankcase oil separator. With a max 445 hp at 2800 rpm and ability to hit 910 lb-ft of torque at a low 1600 rpm, Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8-powered Silverado 3500 HDs are ideal for trailering even massive loads of up to 23,300 lbs.!
RAY CHEVROLET IN FOX LAKE, IL OFFERS THE 2017 CHEVY SILVERADO 3500 HD ALONGSIDE BUDGET-FRIENDLY DEALS
‘Which Chevrolet dealer near me offers the best deals on the 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD?’ is a question many contractors and working drivers may ask themselves once they realize the advantages that define this new heavy duty truck. Fortunately, the answer to their question is simple, as Ray Chevrolet at 39 N Route 12 in Fox Lake, IL not only carries the new Silverado 3500 HD, but other heavy-duty Chevy vehicles. Call 866-463-7295 today to learn about the latest savings on these models and more.