2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
INTRODUCING THE NEW 2017 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500 HD: AMERICA’S TOUGHEST TRUCK IS NOW AVAILABLE WITH DIESEL POWER
While being named the ‘Most Dependable Large Heavy-Duty Pickup, Two Years in a Row’ by J.D. Power was already impressive, the new 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD for sale in Fox Lake, Illinois at Ray Chevrolet now has even more to boast about, as it’s being offered with a Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8! Able to belt out an earth-moving 910 lb-ft of torque, this new diesel option is a perfect complement to the 6.0L Vortec® gas SFI V8 engine that’s already standard on the 2017 Silverado 2500 HD, as it gives drivers who need a true work truck a complete performance envelope profile to choose from. With a starting MSRP of $33,310, the Silverado 2500 HD is even a wise investment for any business or family.
NEW 2017 CHEVROLET 2500 HD FEATURES
- A standard 6.0L Vortec® VVT, SFI gas V8 that generates 360 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque, with a new 6.6L Duramax® Turbo Diesel V8 that cranks out class-leading 445 hp and 910 lb-ft of torque available on all trims
- Transmissions that are perfectly paired with each available engine: A heavy-duty, 6-speed electronically controlled automatic on models with the Vortec® V8 and an electronically-controlled Allison® 1000 6-speed automatic transmission that’s mated to the Duramax® Turbo-Diesel
- Maximum towing of up to 14,800 lbs. when equipped with the 6.0L Vortec® V8, with the 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 able to tow up to an incredible 18,100 lbs.
- The ability to carry a maximum payload of 3,534 lbs. due to fully boxed frame rails made of high-strength steel, with 9 cross-members for lateral support
- A choice of Regular Cab/Long Box, Double Cab/Standard Box, Double Cab/Long Box, Crew Cab/Standard Box, or Crew Cab/Long Box configurations, with both 4x2 and 4x4 drivetrains available
- Built-in 4G LTE® Internet Wi-Fi® hotspot capability that, once activated as part of the OnStar® suite, enables the 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD to serve as a mobile office
- An available Chevrolet MyLink® audio system with 8-inch diagonal touchscreen and navigation, with a Bose® sound system also available
TWO MIGHTY ENGINES, TWO WAYS TO GET THE JOB DONE
The standard engine on the 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD for sale in Fox Lake, Illinois at Ray Chevrolet is a 6.0L Vortec® V8 that reaches peak 360 hp at only 5400 rpm and a max torque of 380 lb-ft at 4200 rpm, which means it builds up power at low rpm for the exact type of flatter torque curve that’s preferred for towing heavy trailers. The heavily revised 6.6L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel V8 that’s now available on the 2017 Silverado 2500 HD takes this quest for power even further, as its strengthened cylinder heads, enlarged piston design, and enhanced crankshaft connecting rod journals now enable a best-in-class max 910 lb-ft of torque. Paired with an Allison® 1000 6-speed automatic transmission with Auto Grade Braking and a Tow/Haul mode, this monster power plant enables equipped Silverado 2500 HDs to tow up to 18,100 lbs.!
RAY CHEVROLET HAS GREAT DEALS ON EVERY 2017 CHEVY SILVERADO 2500 HD MODEL
Where’s the Chevy dealer near me that offers both the gas and diesel engine options for the Silverado 2500 HD? For anyone asking this question from northern Illinois or southern Wisconsin, the answer is very direct, as Ray Chevrolet not only carries every 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD model and option, but also offers them alongside impressive special deals. For more on those deals, call 855-893-2076, or, to test the 2017 Silverado 2500 HD in person, race to 39 N Route 12 in Fox Lake, IL today!